cpl next track excluding jingle

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
cpl next track excluding jingle

Post by moogwill »

Bernd,
I'd like to get the next track title & next track artist as a .txt file. I know how to do it and I did, but what I need is the effective track and not the jingle or liner inserted beetween the tracks... how to exclude station ids jingles....etc to keep only music files?

It's possible for the current track in the main options...I allready did that. But I cant find a way to achieve this for the next track

Thanks,
T.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: cpl next track excluding jingle

Post by radio42 »

If you are using the ‘Streaming.OnSongTitleChanged’ event, you can define and Exclude Filter in the general settings Ie. you define which media entry types to exclude from the song title updates.
Have you tried that?

However, the ${cpl....} macro’s wouldn’t filter for any certain media entry types. Ie. I am afraid, that there is currently no way to determine the next ‘music’ track. As said, the current track can be filtered as explained above.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Yes I did and it does the job but only for the current track
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

:-( just read your edit
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

In fact I'm trying to create a "next playing" to use it in our visual radio stream, our dab+ associated datas and on the webplayer.

I'm probably not the only one thinking about that...
Attachments
dabsnap.jpg
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I would have to create new macros for that (which follows the same filter), which I can do in a next version!
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Great, and by the way, for same purpose, if not too much complicated to do, could it be possible in the future to get a macro for titles of the hooks containers???

I'm maybe dreaming, but It could render something really great on a video stream... ;)

Thanks anyway...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What exactly should be ‚rendered‘ resp. delivered as an outcome? A hook container hosts multiple ‚upcomming‘ snipets. And in the general settings you can already set an option to resolve embedded containers to its individual tracks for the song title update.

So I guess the song title update function should not be misused for controlling a video system.
This can be done by other ways, eg. by individual events being assigned to the tracks for example.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Is there a way to make a sytematic export of the music tracks contained in a hook container as a .txt file???

If there is, I can pick those .texts and ply those as an overlay that will be triggered by the container...

What Id'llike to achieve is a video overlay that contain the 3 covers and titlles....
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess you want an automatic way to create a .txt file which contains a list of tracks (artist - title) contained in an embedded container (e.g. a hook container)- if yes, this doesn't exist. The question is also what and when you should/want to trigger this special export?! (i.e. do you want to export to happen when the container is being played or when it is due to be played next - e.g., there is currently also no event to trigger such option) - so I am not sure, if that is entirely possible?