RVT not running

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
RVT not running

Post by Bumperke »

Hi Bernd.

The programmed ( and uploaded) voice track session did not run this morning. This unfortunally is not unique. It happens several times during the last 2 weeks. Djs now start complaining.
To be shure we've checked the folders, uploads and everything looks oké. This morning the breakfast show was uploaded correctly. But it didn't run. The playlist did, the voicetracks were not loaded.
Any idea what this might be? Sometimes news and adds are not runing aswell. This seems to be a basic problem. As you know that happens on regular basis.
no voicetrack load.jpg
Bumperke
Re: RVT not running

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 19 Jan 2018 09:21 As such, I assume it must be some configuration issue - especially because a playlist was loaded... maybe a 'wrong' one?
It was definite not the wrong one, the voicetrack were just not loaded.
radio42 wrote: 19 Jan 2018 09:21
To figure out, what exactly is wrong and why a wrong playlist is loaded or why your voice-tracked tracks are not loaded, we would need to inspect the related Program Scheduler entry and what script it uses; how this script exactly looks like, what effective playlist is loaded.
Then we need to check what playlist is effectively loaded and see, if this is a 'wrong' playlist or if the playlist is the correct one, but the voice-tracked tracks are somehow skipped?
So what do i need to send? The related script file?
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 19 Jan 2018 10:42 The following:
- the related script-file (.pfs file)
- the uploaded (server-sided) plalyist file (.pfp) which was used to load
- if still available, the related (client-side) plalyist file (.pfp) which was uploaded
All still available. Send 'm to your personal email address?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not aware of any 'basic' or 'general' issue. Many users use RVT day in day out without any issues.
As such, I assume it must be some configuration issue - especially because a playlist was loaded... maybe a 'wrong' one?

To figure out, what exactly is wrong and why a wrong playlist is loaded or why your voice-tracked tracks are not loaded, we would need to inspect the related Program Scheduler entry and what script it uses; how this script exactly looks like, what effective playlist is loaded.
Then we need to check what playlist is effectively loaded and see, if this is a 'wrong' playlist or if the playlist is the correct one, but the voice-tracked tracks are somehow skipped?

Can you send me all this related information?
Else we might do a TeamViewer session to look at your system (if you want this, please send me a mail or PM me).
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The following:
- the related script-file (.pfs file)
- the uploaded (server-sided) plalyist file (.pfp) which was used to load
- if still available, the related (client-side) plalyist file (.pfp) which was uploaded

I need to see, where the 'voice tracks' have been lost:
- on the client side
- on the server side
- or during loading the plalyist
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, that is okay!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

After some mail discussion: please make sure to not run a pretty old version of ProppFrexx on the server-side, while running newer versions on the client side. So please upgrade your server to the most recent version and try again.
I just tested all the files you send here on my systems and all was loading just fine.