rvt optimization

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
moogwill
rvt optimization

Post by moogwill »

after 2 years of intensive use, here's a few things that could make things really better & faster.

when generating a hook container on a RVT session, the software use the local hook mixing parmeters. it could be nice to choose from server or local hook mixing configuration.

when you record a VT over a hook container the local computer generates and download this container, but if you want to ad a new VT right after this container, the computer regenerate and redownload the same container. re use the same previous container would save a huge time.

and by the way, I still have a question about how to keep the overalys at the right time? when generating a remote session using overlays as embebded containers, those containers are going late from the previous overlay duration. that means if the first overlay is 2 mn long, the next overlay will be played 2 mn late, and the next one will be late from the lenght of the 2 previous overlays etc etc. We're still moving these manually at recording but for long sessions it's difficult to keep everything on time.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: rvt optimization

Post by radio42 »

I’ll see what can be done...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The 'shifting' of the embedded overlay containers when doing remote voice tracking should be solved in the next update.

I am afraid, that currently only the local hook settings might be used (ie. remote hook openers, closers, seperators are not available locally).

The re-download issue is however not clear to me. What RVT settings are you using?
Are you using the 'Only Playlist' option initially, i.e. are you always downloading the tracks 'on-the-fly' when needed? Or do you download the full playlist with all tracks initially?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A v4.0.5.35 update is available, which should fix the overlay position for RVT sessions.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Hi Bernd,

thanks for this work, it's now quiet better with hooks. I've just seen your questions too late for answer.
Most of the time I'm selecting the needed files, then i made a remote download... The problem was that with hooks, it was redownloading files, and worse, when you were doing a second VT right after the hook, a complete redownload of those files was needed again.

Now its much more faster and easier :)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Good to hear!