Commands in View menu not working

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
tom_decouttere
Commands in View menu not working

Post by tom_decouttere »

I upgraded to 4.0.3.38,
I wanted to use the mixer to install stereotool DSP but I can't open it.
Ctrl+M doesn't work, Ctrl-E doesn't work. :(
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Commands in View menu not working

Post by radio42 »

Of course they can be docked and floated around. I don't know what's wrong with your system ;-)
As said her on all systems it is working fine. And also on all other customer systems.

And of course you can only load 64Bit VSTs on a 64Bit application!
Winamp isn't supported anymore since v4, as Winamp is dead.
You need to use the 64Bit version of StereoTool!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That's strange. Is the mixer panel window completely gone/closed?
Please close PF and delete a file called "ProppFrexx ONAIR.layout" contained in the ProppFrexx AppDataUser folder.
tom_decouttere

Post by tom_decouttere »

Problem not solved, yes, the mixer panel is completely gone. It's not the buttons that are missing, it's when you click on Mixer, Explorer, and a lot of buttons in the "View" menu ribbon are not giving any result when you click on it. I use Windows10 latest version. Tried Previous Version and it's the same. Actually I never saw the mix window since I installed and tried it. There is no error.log file in Appdata folder.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

And have you closed ProppFrexx, deleted the mentioned file and then restarted ProppFrexx?

I just retested all that here and it all working fine on 3 different PCs - so it must be something specific to e.g. a corrupt .layout file.
So as said: Close PF and then delete it.
tom_decouttere

Post by tom_decouttere »

Yes, I did. I even rebooted the pc, all other applications are closed. Tried compatibility mode for Windows 7, no avail. In the registry nothing special, Last Error says <blank>, startup text in the splash window says creating Mixer.
Is not working : Mixer, Find Track, Explorer, Trackboard, Cartwall I, Cartwall II, On Air Time, Streaming Monitor, User Commands, Message Center, Web Browser, Station Info,

Tack Info, Workspace and Playback History : working
Is there anything I can do with Process Explorer?

Tom
tom_decouttere

Post by tom_decouttere »

Thanks. I renamed radio42 to radio42_old. This did the trick. Although all the windows of mixer and other are maximized now, cannot "dock" them. Also, for adding DSP I cannot select between VST and Winamp, Only VST 64 bit. The dsp_stereotool dll is present in the Winamp folder under the Proppfrexx directory structure...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No.
I guess something is completely messed up on your system.
You can try to close PF. Make a copy of the entire ProppFrexx AppUserData folder and then completely delete it.
This totally resets everything.
Then restart ProppFrexx.
tom_decouttere

Post by tom_decouttere »

OK, the documentation is still much around with the VST/Winamp selection.... so that was a bit confusing.
And I had the license for the Winamp DSP.
But I figured out and found out I could register my license also for the right VST.
Allright !
Thanks.
Not sure with the other docking / maximized stuff, I have a fairly new Win 10 and the installation of Proppfrexx was also new, so... I'll figure that out ...
DonnellPe

Post by DonnellPe »

tom_decouttere wrote: 10 Jun 2017 22:04 OK, the Binance review documentation is still much around with the VST/Winamp selection.... so that was a bit confusing.
And I had the license for the Winamp DSP.
But I figured out and found out I could register my license also for the right VST.
Allright !
Thanks.
Not sure with the other docking / maximized stuff, I have a fairly new Win 10 and the installation of Proppfrexx was also new, so... I'll figure that out ...
Resetting should do the trick Tom. That's what I did.